Public Education Council Information
Our Public Education Council is responsible for working with our educational institutions to create and execute collaborative strategies to produce the workforce of tomorrow.
Purpose: Cause business to collaborate with KISD, CTC, & Texas A&M-CT to improve the student product and support schools.
The Public Education Council will consist of members of the Advisory
Committee and all subcommittees.
The Chair of the Advisory Committee is the GKCC Board of Director Sector Chair of Talent Development. The Advisory Committee consists of multiple components. They are subject matter experts for the collaborating partners, representatives of investors at the Lead investment level and above, and members in good standing at a Build Level or higher who have applied to service on the Advisory Committee and who are approved by the Board of Directors based upon the recommendation of the Talent Development Sector Chair. The Advisory Committee will be limited to 15 seats. The Advisory committee will meet bi-monthly on the First Thursday of that month at 1pm.
The Advisory Committee will:
- Provide a venue for communications and the alignment of interests between educational institutions and investors
- Organize and populate subcommittees as needed
- Plan and conduct meetings of the Public Education Council to achieve objectives
- Support and implement educational programs and events to promote and educate students of various levels in school to become better, more successful employees and entrepreneurs in the future
- Collaborate with business leaders to create a more personal roadmap for the success of future employees
- Organizing and implementing the New Teacher’s Showcase
- Providing welcome bags for new teachers and coaches at New Teacher's Showcase
- Organize a Mentoring Program
- Support the KISD Community Clothes Closet
- Support Leadership Killeen
- Support Leadership Killeen Alumni activities
PUBLIC EDUCATION PRODUCTS
The Public Education products are sold a la carte to all businesses and investors.
- Leadership Killeen Seat
- Leadership Killeen Alumni Events
- New Teacher’s Showcase Bag Access
- New Teacher’s Showcase Table
Seats at open investor programs.