Leadership Killeen Information
“The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.” - Ken Blanchard
From the Desk of Meredith Viguers, Chairman of the Board 2018-2020:
Our community needs successful leaders. That is why, as chairman of the board for the Greater Killeen Chamber of Commerce, I am privileged to invite you to join our Leadership Killeen class of 2018-2019.
This program has helped so many community members gain leadership training through opportunities to interact with and be influenced by recognized, successful leaders in our community. Not only will this enable you to have a greater understanding of how our community works, you will also be better equipped to find your place as a leader in our community, working with us as we encounter difficult challenges and exciting opportunities.
Join us and “Embrace the Place” as a member of the 2018-2019 Leadership Killeen class.
Mission and Goals
Leadership Killeen is designed to enhance leadership in our community through shared knowledge and skill building. By creating a partnership of local people and organizations, Leadership Killeen builds a shared vision of the future and empowers generations with the tools to make the vision a reality.
What is the value of Leadership Killeen?
- Network and build relationships with other business leaders
- Learn from the best and brightest local leaders
- Grow your knowledge of government, education, military, economic development and other areas
- Learn about volunteerism and giving back to the community
Leadership Killeen also raises expectations for yourself. Not only are you exposed to leaders and organizations, but you are afforded the opportunity to grow exponentially as a leader yourself. The teaching and interaction with both lecturers and those who direct and guide the class give each individual the capacity to grow beyond their currents boundaries. Limits are taken off when you fully commit to the process of Leadership Killeen.
I would highly recommend Leadership Killeen to those who are leaders within our community, to aspiring leaders and to anyone who wants to grow in their understanding of our community, region and state."
Calendar of EventsLeadership Killeen classes start September 19, 2018 and will meet one full day each month.
During Leadership Killeen Participants will visit or hear from:
Enrollment Process and Tuition
- Candidate must complete and return the enclosed application to the Greater Killeen Chamber of Commerce no later than August 31, 2018.
- Tuition is $450 for the Greater Killeen Chamber of Commerce Business Builder Investor level or higher.
- Tuition is $500 for all other applicants.